Agent Orange: Running 100% Fresh Squeezed Creeks

Agent Orange:  Running 100% Fresh Squeezed Creeks

Friday, July 17, 2009

More Big South than you can shake a stick at.

Big Southapalooza lives on


I didn't even have to go to flight school for this one

Once the gate opened it was on. I boated the Big South on Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun, and Wed and will hopefully get on it this Sat again.

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails


Tues and Thurs were nice because there weren't any crowds up there and it was Scott, two others and myself each time. The weekend was congested traffic and we ran in a group of seven each time.
Peter on Starter Fluid. Rev yer engines


Wed was nice again. Just Paul, Frenchy and myself and we finished the whole run in about 3 hours.

Tommy on the Cool World run-out ledge

About to have a clean take off on this flight. Narrow landing strip huh?


This run is so awesome because it is long and just has so many fun little or big rapids. My favorite place on the run is about 2/3 of the way through Prime Time Gorge. You come through a left slot and just land in this gorged in pool. It feels like a rain forest in there and it is calm and peaceful.

Another day working it like she did


Here are some pics from different runs. I didn't take too many and no video just cause I was enjoying the river, and never really got out of my boat. I will link in Ross' video though from the day we went together if he lets me.Grinding the perfect line on Pin Cushin like I am JP Walker (thats a snowboarder for all you tele snobs)


A little sequence of me staying out of trouble. Unfortunately Scott's camera stopped here and didn't get the finish.


Scarier than Double Trouble


A little something to keep shuttle bunnies from getting bored


We met these crazy Germans at the takeout at 10:30. They had just finish a quick Peterson lap and politely asked if they could "hang out." Since I am completely secure with my sexuality I gave them the thumbs up and next thing you know there are two Germans in the parking lot in speedos. Watch out ladies

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin - bike/boat gig very cool and inspiring. Got a few photos of you last weekend at the big south. www.silentsummits.com. Cheers, Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. the speedo's are a little scary
    ross

    ReplyDelete