Agent Orange: Running 100% Fresh Squeezed Creeks

Agent Orange:  Running 100% Fresh Squeezed Creeks

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Salida to Frisco

Salida "wildlife"

I was originally going to leave on Sat. but it was raining hard and blowing wind so I just worked the KEEN booth all night and then crashed at Mark's friend's place. Thanks again Mark. I woke up Sunday to a deer across the street and knew it was going to be a good day.

On the way back to Leadville


The ride was just as beautiful going back as it was coming down (except it was uphill). I got into Leadville and was exhausted so I stopped at one of the best restaurants out there and the best Mexican in Colorado: The Grill. I got the stuffed Chicken Sopapilla Especial and it was amazing. If you all know me you know I can eat and I had just ridden 60 miles to boot. This thing put me in a coma. I also recommend the Gold Martguerita.

Seeing as how I could barely move I had to find some where to sleep close by. I didn't know if there was camping around so I spent the night on the back loading area of the forest service building. Some people came by later at night and super early in the morning but I was not hassled even though I was worried the cops were going to get called. Not a good nights sleep.

To the right of Climax Mine


I woke up the next day and headed to The Proving Grounds for some breakfast. It is a little coffee shop and I got a some great coffee and a chocolate croissant and a turkey and jack croissant and all were delicious.


I then began to climb Fremont Pass which ends at the Climax mine. I hadn't been up that way in a while and it is starting to get cleaned up nicely. Besides the mine the area is typical Colorado scenery, meaning typical for us for everyone else it is amazing. You have to feel lucky living here, don't take it for granted. This was also the first truly blue sky day I could remember in a while. Didn't see a cloud until late afternoon.

Actual Picture of the Colorado Sky


I came down and got on the bike path along Copper and scouted Upper Tenmile on my way to Frisco. Short blurb to be done in the next post.

Coming down from Fremont Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment